hiphop workshop reflection

The hip hop workshop was very interesting. there was a man that goes by the name steve who is in his 30’s and lives in the Bronx NY. He spoke about many things including how he dosn’t like being in closed spaces. He also went through the lyrics of a Nispey Hustle song and explained how he felt about snitches, “I wont but I understand why people do”. The class was also able to watch a video that explained how in 1492 Europe became the most powerful place and they are the people who write their own versions of the black history. Steve ended with saying intent, interpretation, impact, is the 3 I’s we should live our days by.

Next to speak was from origon and also taught in LA. She expressed her feeling on taking themes for what they are and changing them in your own way.she brought up a great question, ” can you really understand something if you cant connect”. She answered this by saying unwillingness is what stops the understanding and the connection.she spoke about the huge range of hip hop and its not just black and white like many feel.

Although i felt like there was a bit of defensiveness I enjoyed this workshop. It opened my eyes to research new things and find my meaning of certain music.